The information below from the Department of Education and Training provides an overview of zoning in Bass Coast:
- Both the San Remo Campus and the Dudley Campus of the school have their own school zone.
- Students residing in each campus zone are guaranteed a place at their respective campus. This is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address. To find out which school zone campus you reside in, visit the Find my school website.
- Students are able to apply for a place at a campus or school that is not their designated neighbourhood school. In circumstances when a campus or school may not be able to accept all applications due to existing or future capacity concerns, schools manage enrolment applications in accordance with the ‘priority order of placement’.
- The Department provides guidance through the placement policy to ensure that students have access to the school in their zone and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations. The Placement Policy applies equally to both campuses.
- In exceptional circumstances, a student may be enrolled in a school based on compassionate grounds. Schools are permitted to assess and make a determination for exceptional circumstances applications on a case-by-case basis.